Sunday, May 3, 2015

Blog Post #7 - Sizzle Reel and Artist Statement

As an artist, I feel that I am still in the process of discovering myself. Ever since I young and wanted to be involved with film I wanted to make films that I would watch. Now I want to make films that, not only will entertain me, but many others as well. The main point to to create something others will enjoy. Putting a message into my work is something I aways start with; what am I trying to say? Most of the time I find a subject I want to explore, whether it’s political, religious, or historical. But the main reason I want to make films is to tell stories, because stories live on. They have existed for thousands of years, having been told by nearly everyone who has lived. I choose film because it is visual, and I’m a very visual person. I love to show and explore new worlds, time periods, and bring the stories to life for an audience. 
What most inspires me to create is history and time. I’ve always been fascinated by time and its connections to the present and event how it affects the future. I want to tell people about the past and show them a possible future. Show them a different time and in essence, a different world than the one they know. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of untold stories throughout history that people should know about. People know plenty about the present, I’d like to show them something else.
Throughout time, man has left his mark on the world through creation, and that’s one thing I want to do. I want to create not only for the present, but for future generations to see. Creation is immensely important for man. Without it, the world would become stagnant. Fortunately, people create every day, whether it’s technologically or artistically. Some creations are remembered, some not, but the fact that they create is enough. I want to contribute to that. I want to create and add inspiration to whomever views my films. Whether my art will be remembered, I do not know, but how I try I am still discovering for myself.

6 comments:

  1. Nice! I loved all the pans and your night shots looked great and super clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the architectural components of your reel. Some of my favorite shots were your close-ups of the fan and flowers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your incorporation of shapes and lines in your initial shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your movements are really smooth, and i love the lights and night shots! And the cats are super cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. There were a ton of shots that stood out to me! In particular the first montage of night shots starting out with the theater, the one following the waterfall, and the fan. I don't know if it was just the music, but it felt really classy. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the parts in the supermarket. The noir gangster style horn was a really cool touch as well.

    ReplyDelete